From Kathipara to Gemini -- The story of my one month corporate life




             As I rewind a month back, I still remember myself going through a lot of muddled emotions during the last days of my college still as a student! I was very much confused whether to feel relieved that my tryst with exams for more than a decade is finally over or to feel disappointed that the most stimulating page of my biography has come to an end. But even before I could steer clear of my feelings, I stepped into a new dimension of my life-Corporate Life as everyone calls it, barely 3 days after my final project review. I felt everything being changed overnight-From being a normal college goer to a working professional!



        
             TO





                                      Since my corporate life and college life share the same city, the memories of my college life snap in and out of me frequently, as I go through my daily routine.

          Now the first thing my mom says when I get up is that it is not my final semester to just spend the entire day with my friends! Oh much I miss the excitement even to wake up!! (though I had not felt that much during the first three years!) The next thing that I miss is the bus route which has been my path for many years. And the first week I had to constantly remind myself not to go to the ‘usual’ bus stop, but my legs wouldn’t listen! Though I was always annoyed by the interruptions in traffic caused by CMRL, now I miss being a part of its erection. 

          I do miss my comrades with whom I can communicate without speaking and many moments such as ‘Are you thinking what I am thinking?’. Well I also miss my register number which had been like another face to me and as I sit for long hours during work, I miss my mates with whom I have even shared the chillness of an air conditioned room!

  
                   The journey that shifted from Kathipara to Gemini has really been a life changing one. As I pass through the various locations which I visited with my friends, every day along my path I tell to myself that ‘yes I was here with a lovely bunch of people’. 

                                 I am certain that if you chance upon your old mails, old facebook posts or even some of your old photos in your mobiles and computers, you inadvertently start thinking about the incident and the people who were part of it. Though these kinds of feelings are not eternal, the reminiscences of these four years will always be etched. Saying so, I look forward to a future, where past is not forgotten and the present brings some sweet moments as the past!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

O Mighty Himalayas!