O Mighty Himalayas!

 In a wishful thinking to conquer you,

I sprang into mindless preparation.

Weeks before trek were bumpy,

Yet pressed ahead, believing I could thrive.


Shed  a drop of blood here,

And pulled myself little there.

Yet nothing deterred me, O mighty Himalayas,

With breathless steps I inched towards you.


Accompanied by pangs of nausea,

And bouts of queasiness, I trode at snail pace.

Though you rained discomforts,

Your captivating charm did not stop me.



The cold climate clouded my mind.

Every night seemed daunting,

With grinding teeth and shivering body.

Yet you guarded us, O mighty Himalayas.



The summit though not so welcoming,

Still I crawled towards you,

Bedazzled by your beauty and awed by your aura,

A heaven on earth, my eyes could tell.




To experience your spectacular sublimity,

Twas a challenging journey all along.

Yet we embraced each other O mighty Himalayas.

Hope you adore me more the next time.







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Uninvited Guest